Smart Group Ltd (including our subsidiary companies as listed below) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Privacy Notice will apply to any information from which you can be identified (“Personal Information”) that we collect or otherwise receive about you, including when you use our websites, we provide services to you in person (e.g. if you book and/or attend one of our events) or otherwise engage with us.
We will always ensure your data is kept securely and not disclosed to an unauthorised person. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR, the Data Protection Act 1988, and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003.
What kind of information will we collect from you?
In order to provide our services, we may collect and process the following information:
- Your name, company name, and job title.
- Your contact information including postal address, phone number, and email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- CV, references, and right to work documentation
- Billing/financial/ credit card information
- Special dietary requirements and/or special accessibility requirements
- CCTV footage for the purpose of crime prevention
- Photography/film footage at events
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used on our website. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How will we use your personal data?
- If you are a customer at present we may use your personal data to improve the products and services we currently provide you or;
- If you are a former customer, we may use your personal data to improve the products and services we have delivered to you and conform to good business practices or;
- If you have opted in, or we consider that our products or services might be of legitimate interest based on your enquiry or booking history with us, then we may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other relevant information.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you, by email, for research purposes.
- If you are attending an event where we are providing the venue and/or catering, you (or your party organiser/host) may provide us with your Personal Information, such as your name and dietary requirements so that we can ensure venue security and accommodate any dietary needs.
- If you or your employer provide services to us, you and/or they may provide us with some of your Personal Information in connection with the provision of the services, such as your name and business contact details. We will only process such Personal Information in connection with the provision of the services (such as using your contact details to discuss the services).
- CCTV may be installed for the purposes of crime prevention at some of the venues we work in/operate. Where this is used, we will display appropriate notices.
- Where we are organising the event, we may have photographers and/or videographers documenting aspects of the event for the purpose of case studies and marketing. Where we do this, we will display appropriate notices providing information of who to contact if you would like us to delete any photos and/or any footage of you from the material we collate at the event.
Would we be sharing your personal data to others?
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless, we have your permission, for the performance of the services you have requested or we are required by law to do so.
What are your rights as a data subject?
It is in our best interest to safeguard your rights as our customer, therefore, we would like you to have a clear understanding of what happens to your personal data once we have collected it. The following list explains your rights as an individual under the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
- You have the right to be informed of what we do with your data and to know is what the purpose of collecting and processing is.
- You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information so that you aware of, and can verify, the lawfulness of the processing. You can obtain the following information: a) confirmation that your data is being processed and b) access to your personal data. We will provide this information within one month of the request and free of charge.
- You have the right to request us to rectify your personal data if is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, although, this can only be done under specific circumstances. Find out more: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-erasure/
- You have the right to restrict the data processing, however, this can only be done under specific circumstances. Find out more: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-restrict-processing/
- You have the right to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. This is commonly known as “data portability”. We will provide this in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, free of charge, and we will deliver it you in one month following the request.
Changes to this Privacy notice
Any changes we may make to Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on our websites. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of the latest version of this Privacy Notice and by continuing to use our websites, request services from Smart Group or our subsidiary companies, us or otherwise engage with us, you will be deemed to have accepted any revised terms.
- Smart Group Ltd is a company based in the UK. Our company number is 04939932, registered in England and Wales. Smart Group Ltd’s affiliated companies, also registered in England and Wales and based in the UK are:
- Smart Hospitality Ltd – company number 04122450
- The Moving Venue Caterers Ltd – company number 01795829
- Smart Live Ltd – company number 07402362
- Battersea Evolution Ltd – company number 03900342
- Smart Experiences Ltd – company number 08853315
- You can reach us at [email protected].
12th June 2018